SEDATION OPTIONS FOR CHILDREN
At Vaughan Children’s Dentistry, our goal is to provide safe, high quality pediatric dental care in a comfortable setting. Some children are naturally relaxed in our environmemnt and readily accept treatment. For some children, achieving this goal may require a form of sedation. Research shows that traumatic dental experiences in childhood can result in dental fears in adults.
Your child’s safety is our top priority. When provided by trained and qualified medical personnel, sedation dentistry is a safe and effective method for delivering high quality care in a comfortable setting. We take safety extremely seriously and are strict with the following guidelines.
WHICH SEDATION OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
Our practice uses many different forms of sedation which are discussed on our website. During your consultation visit, our doctors will discuss the options available and together we will arrive at a plan that is suitable and individually tailored to your child’s needs. Not every sedation option is suitable for every child.
FACTORS OF CONSIDERATION
During Consultation, we consider the following:
– How old is the child? What is the expected cooperative ability?
– How much treatment needs to be completed?
– How long will the treatment take to complete?
– What is the urgency of the dental treatment?
– How does the child behave at the consultation visit?
– What is the child’s general personality / disposition?